Re: What is the minimal memory requirement for HAMMER?

From: "Samuel J. Greear" <sjg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 10:48:01 -0700

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 10:39 AM, Zenny <garbytrash@gmail.com> wrote:

I am trying to experiment with HAMMER with a spare PIII/500Mhz old
machine with 256MB of RAM. I installed the RELEASE-2.10 version of
DFBSD.  But when I try to execute "hammer cleanup", it spits out an
error that reads:

"hammer: System has insufficient buffers to rebalance the tree.  nbuf < 3969"

However, when I checked in the archive of the mailinglist
it states that 128MB is the minimal requirement, right?!

In that case the hw that I am using exceeds the minimal requirement
and still spits out the error, which reportedly due to the low memory

Please throw some light! (Very dark here in Scandinavia during winters
like this) ;-)

That isn't an error, just a warning. You do not have enough memory to rebalance the tree, but this will not greatly affect your HAMMER experience.