Re: bug in du: truncates filenames

From: Pierre Abbat <phma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 15:54:59 -0500

On Monday 26 December 2011 18:05:16 Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     What's probably happening is the snapshot caught a flush inbetween its
>     directory entry creation and its inode creation.  There is probably a
>     directory entry for the files in question but no inode.
>
>     It isn't supposed to happen but does sometimes.  It's a bug in HAMMER
>     that I haven't found yet.
>
>     If you cd into the snapshot and ls
>
>     cd /var/hammer/usr/snap-20111111-0501/pkgsrc/x11/xterm/work/xterm-259
>     ls
>
>     You should see the 'ls' program complain about a missing 'Makefile'.
>
> 						-Matt

It did complain about missing Makefile, but only when I did ls -l. If I just
do ls, it lists the Makefile. I checked the next snapshot (20111112) and it
still says missing Makefile.

All the files are dated January 30, 00:35/36 UTC. I run snapshots at 5:01 UTC.
So it couldn't have been caused by the snapshot. I don't normally build
programs when the computer's about to run hammer, as anything disk-bound gets
slow while it's hammering the disk.

Pierre

--
li ze te'a ci vu'u ci bi'e te'a mu du