Re: pkgsrc: multimedia/handbrake

From: John Marino <dragonflybsd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 17:51:10 +0100

On 1/31/2012 4:48 PM, Tim Darby wrote:
> The build of handbrake fails as shown below. What do I need to do to get
> this working?

A lot.  You need to:
> bmake clean
> bmake patch
then go into the work directory and figure out why HB_NORMAL_PRIORITY
isn't defined.  The normal cause of these things is that DragonFly isn't
recognized in the configuration or the cpp macros and header
includes/definitions don't get made.  Sometimes the package is very
system-specific and just isn't supported by anything other than NetBSD.
 You will be troubleshooting a broken package and this can take quite
some time.

After you've identified the cause you can create a patch (or update an
existing patch if the file is question is already patched), and open a
PR with your patch.

http://www.netbsd.org/support/send-pr.html

If you fix it, tell me the PR number and I'll claim it and try to get
the fix into pkgsrc permanently.

John