Re: Install DragonFlyBSD on 48 MB RAM

From: Chris Turner <c.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 16:32:58 -0600

On 02/27/12 11:10, v_2e@ukr.net wrote:

> Now when I try to run 'installer', it shows me a blue screen with a
> dragonfly, but after a couple of seconds it vanishes and gives me the
> following message:

Perhaps someone can chime in with an installer tip - However, given
this is a non standard and sort of 'expert' install, you might review
the 'INSTALL' file under / from the shell and try a manual install -
its actually fairly straightforward - steps being roughly:

  - partition disks
  - install bootloader
  - create & mount filesystems
  - copy over files
  - remove some installer specific files from the copies
  - reboot

disclaimer: some of the disklabel / partitioning stuff is a bit out
of date w/r/t disklabel64 / slice numbers, etc. I keep meaning
to send a patch.. but anyhow.