GUI in Live CD?

From: Bob Gold <bgold2005@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 10:33:23 -0500

--f46d043c0926d4b85704b9dfb62c

some rss feed advertised dragonFly.
so I burned a liveCD (64 bit stable)

the documentation on this is sparse so...
is there ANY GUI build into the LiveCD?
if so how the heck do I invoke it?

read the FAQ, some of the docs, i have no clue

tried startx xdm,kdm,gui x11. x11.org = no joy

__

compared to experts I'm a novice
am A+ only programming basic, escape codes

did own and love my C64!
(with the Amiga references here that should count for something)

cmd line ok in windows, very little cli in linux (I dual boot ubuntu)

I'll be very disappointed if there is no gui built in

because I'm using a laptop (compaq CQ62). on wifi.

so with a gui i can see if the wifi works.

i don't ever want to deal with that fwcutter nonsense again!

I see some commands to 89d/l? install?) x managers in DragonFly.

so I'd have to drag my laptop to a landline (ethernet port) to install a
gui to even see if I have wifi in dragonFly?

thanks in advance

- Bob

bgold2007@gmail.com

ps if there is no x in the livecd you should add this to your disadvantages
doc in comparison with linux!

--f46d043c0926d4b85704b9dfb62c

 FAQ, some of the docs, i have no clue<br>
h the Amiga references here that should count for something)<br>
use I&#39;m using a laptop (compaq CQ62). on wifi.<br><br>so with a gui i c=
an see if the wifi works.<br>
>I see some commands to 89d/l? install?) x managers in DragonFly.<br><br>so=
 I&#39;d have to drag my laptop to a landline (ethernet port) to install a =
gui to even see if I have wifi in dragonFly?<br>
should add this to your disadvantages doc in comparison with linux!<br>

--f46d043c0926d4b85704b9dfb62c--