Re: Fwd: Single boot EFI Mac install

From: John Marino <dragonflybsd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 07:34:17 +0100

On 3/22/2012 00:29, peeter (must) wrote:

> I wonder if there's a way to make refit recognize how to boot from the
> dfly ufs partition? I was browsing around to find if grub2 might work
> but haven't found the right .efi image yet.
>
> mjg59.livejournal.com is a good read!
>
> Peeter
>
> --

Hi Peeter,
This may be unrelated, but I spent a lot of last weekend trying to get
DragonFly to boot from grub2 v1.99 and only got an "unrecognized
signature" for my efforts.  No amount of tweaking fixed this, not
chainloading, not direct kernel loading, etc.

Finally I did the only thing that others (people with similar issues
with grub2) had success with: downgrade grub2 to grub-legacy.  That also
worked for me.

John