Re: pppoe

From: "Andrey N. Oktyabrski" <ano@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 09:06:02 +0400

On 24.03.12 03:54, Nuno Antunes wrote:
> As far as I know, ppp is currently the only way to configure PPPoE
> sessions on DragonFly. The ppp userland program makes use of ng_pppoe
> kernel counterpart to deal with the PADIs/PADOs etc of the PPPoE
> session.
Thank you, I have seen it by the ngctl utility. So the real issue is a
NAT. PF NAT do not work with tun0, and no more kernel NAT
implementations in the dfly at now. I love Darren Reed's ipnat, but it
has been removed from dfly. FreeBSD has kernel NAT (which is really
ng_nat if I understand correctly) for the ipfw, but dfly uses old
versions of the netgraph and ipfw. So, no other solutions at the moment.

> Your configuration seems correct. You should get a tun0 interface with
> an ip address if everything goes well.
Yes, it works, but eats too much CPU from time to time. This is not
fatal for me, but I always like to have a best configuration :-)

There is one more thing which seems strange for me: from time to time I
see two or even three addresses on the tun0. Is it normal? Must I to
worry about it?