Hang right after "BIOS CD is cd0" on booting dfly-i386-3.0.2_REL.iso

From: Tobias Weingartner <weingart@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 11:07:20 -0600

Hello all,

I'm trying to boot up the 3.0.2 CD ISO (to fix a boot issue with the
/boot partition) on my VM,
and for some reason, I can't seem to make the ISO get past the line:

BIOS CD is cd0

If I add a floppy to the mix, the machine does not get past the line:

BIOS CD is cd0
BIOS drive A: is disk0

It almost seems as if some sort of BIOS style probing for disks is
hanging early in the boot
process.  Is there a way for me to get around this?

My first guess would be "static int bd_int13probe(struct bdinfo *bd)"
in sys/boot/pc32/libi386/biosdisk.c.
Back when I did the int 0x13 probing of disks in OpenBSD, I found a
number BIOS that would simply
hang when probing non-existant disks.  Any chance someone could put
some debug printf's() in there
before and after the bios calls, and point me at an ISO I can try to boot?

-Toby.
PS: I've gotta get me a release/boot environment setup...