64-bit laptop

From: Pierre Abbat <phma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 23:02:18 -0400

A friend gave me a laptop with a 4-core processor that looks like 8 because of
hyperthreading and two 500 GB drives, but one of the drives is in storage,
not in the laptop (he was experimenting with the drives before he put it away
for some years). I'm thinking of installing dual-boot DragonFly 32-bit and
DragonFly 64-bit, or dual-boot DragonFly and Linux. On my current DF box,
besides the usual partitions and PFSes, I have the following:
/boot1, copy of /boot on the other disk
/crypt, encrypted filesystem
/olv, stuff that I can blow away when I'm finished with it (currently pbulk)
/backup, used for backing up files.
The Linux box also has /crypt, /olv, and /backup; stuff in /olv does not get
backed up but stuff in /home and /crypt does, and then the backup is rsynced
to the DragonFly box. How would you recommend partitioning the new laptop?

Pierre
--
gau do li'i co'e kei do