Re: well wireless card for dragonfly

From: "Andrey N. Oktyabrski" <ano@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 13:18:55 +0400

On 17.06.12 23:02, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>> I have a home router which is an old ThinkPad R31 laptop. Now it work with
>> Atheros 2413 cardbus wireless card. The machine must be rebooted at least
>> once per week because wifi AP stops.
>> Log contains these records about ath:
>> - ath0: stuck beacon; resetting (bmiss count 4)
>> - ath: ran out of descriptors
>
> Sorry for the late notice. If you ever get a chance to try FreeBSD-9
> or FreeBSD-10 out (eg on a separate partition), I can try and help you
> diagnose and fix the AR2413 issue. Then the patch can be ported back
> to DFBSD.
Hmm... I'll try to think about it :-) There is no HDD in that machine,
CF card only (with IDE-CF adapter in HDD slot).

Surprisingly, my AP works very well with WPA-PSK instead of WEP.
Absolutely without errors, very fast and stable. So I have a workaround
for the Atheros card (cardbus D-Link DWL-G630).

Sadly, this trick don't work for Ralink miniPCI card, but this is a
different story.