Re: donation : money : small amount : recurring

From: "David.Crosswell" <david.crosswell2@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 17:10:04 +1000

--------------enig7B1735F7F7DF39FF53A24BF0

On 28/06/12 12:21, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 June 2012 20:40:38 elekktretterr@exemail.com.au wrote:
>>> Even considering that a non-profit registration is necessary?
>> Because majority of people, including me, consider donating for the
>> specific reason of reducing personal taxes.
>>
>> I'd rather pay $100 to DragonFlyBSD than to Uncle Sam.
> Matt, according to whois, is in California. I'm in North Carolina. Othe=
r=20
> DragonFliers are in Germany, Greece, Spain, UK, or possibly other count=
ries.=20
> What do the laws of other countries say about donating to American=20
> non-profits?
Well, I'm in Australia, so I get nothing.
I'll go along with the majority on this one.

Saving $100 on tax won't work for me and it doesn't concern me all that
much.
As far as money's concerned, I've always taken the long view.

And I'm not in this particular aspect for the money, anyway.
The open ethic is what works for me.
It has in the last decade+ I've been involved with Debian.
Regards,

David.