XFCE based LiveDVD/IMG

From: "Sascha Wildner" <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 00:01:12 +0200

Hi,

I've been working on and off on a better, XFCE based DVD/IMG for some time
(hehe, more off than on).

The result of my attempts so far is here:

http://island.quantumachine.net/~swildner/LiveDVD/x86_64/

The USB image is larger than 4GB, unfortunately (I think around 5GB, as it
was too full with 4GB).

In addition to what we ship on our regular CD/IMG, it has the following
packages installed:

meta-pkgs/modular-xorg
meta-pkgs/xfce4
meta-pkgs/xfce4-extras
mail/thunderbird
www/midori
editors/emacs
editors/vim
misc/libreoffice
multimedia/vlc
chat/pidgin
chat/irssi
misc/tmux
graphics/gimp
graphics/xsane

I have not yet verified how useful xsane is, or if it works at all.

It might at least save some time for those who want to install or try out
using these packages.

Help, ideas, testing and comments are welcome.

Sascha