Re: NetBSD's sysbuild and sysupgrade?

From: John Marino <dragonflybsd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 21:57:34 +0200

On 8/20/2012 21:32, Edward M wrote:
> Wondering if netbsd's sysbuild and sysupgrade  would work on
> DragonflyBSD  and if so, would it be a great idea to use it?
> reference:
> http://blog.netbsd.org/tnf/entry/introducing_sysbuild_and_sysupgrade

Apples and oranges.
1. We don't have binary sets like NetBSD
2. Fetching sources and making/building world is a breeze on DragonFly
and much harder on NetBSD.  They are solving a problem they have, one
unique to them.

The DragonFly build system is pretty good and fetching sources is as
easy as "git pull" once the repository is cloned.

John