Re: snasphots schedule

From: Carsten Mattner <carstenmattner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 22:25:32 +0200

On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 10:11 PM, Sascha Wildner <saw@online.de> wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 22:07:56 +0200, Carsten Mattner
> <carstenmattner@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 10:01 PM, Sascha Wildner <saw@online.de> wrote:

>>> Nah, it still breaks, unfortunately. I'm not sure what the cause is..
>>

>> Is it an option to just skip building documentation and use the
>> git-manpages and git-htmldocs tarballs available in the same directory
>> as the git release? That would also allow you to drop the whole xmlto
>> and asciidoc build-dependencies.
>

> It's just a bug that needs fixing (like the -scmgit-gui one). Part of the
> point of our snapshots is to make sure that the packages our release needs
> keep building.

Yes, but if the tools for building git documentation are otherwise not
used by anything else in base, it can make sense to use the prebuilt
documentation for git in base. Reducing git's build time is a positive
side effect of that. Fixing it is also a good idea but I thought I'd mention
this as food for thought, fwiw.

Sascha, replying to the list because I think I can safely assume your
reply wasn't meant to be to me only.