Re: USB4BSD (work in progress) pushed

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 21:07:50 -0700 (PDT)

    USB3.0 appears to work here on my test box.

    CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 820 Processor (2799.93-MHz K8-class CPU)

    keyboard works though it is recognized really late in the boot process.

    Mouse is recognized but I don't have X on the test box so I can't
    test whether that works or not.  Played with moused and
    vidcontrol -m on a little but couldn't get it to work, but that
    might just be cockpit trouble.  Dunno.

    --

    I kldloaded xhci.ko and tested a usb3.0 disk key in a usb3.0 port.  The
    disk key is advertised as being able to read 'up to' ~100 MBytes/sec.

    I got ~80 MBytes/sec reading and 5-20 MBytes/sec writing through a UFS
    filesystem.  Very good reading!

    I got ~80 MBytes/sec reading and 20-22 MBytes/sec writing with dd to
    the raw block device.  Very good!

    I'm quite impressed at the stability at such an early stage.  It just
    got ported and the basics at least seem to work!

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>