Successfully running Dragonfly on Xen 4.2.1

From: Markus Pfeiffer <markus.pfeiffer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 11:19:01 +0000

Dear all,

I am successfully running Dragonfly as Xen 4.2.1 HVM guest for about 8
weeks now.

Successfully with a small hitch: On my Bulldozer FX-8150 system, if I
give the system more than 2 VCPUs on bootup programs fail with SIGFPE
(Signal 8). I have not looked into this any further, it might be a
XEN issue or a Dragonfly issue.

For reference, FreeBSD works fine with 4 VCPUs.

I have started importing the FreeBSD xenpci drivers to get block
and network devices without the additional layer of indirection hoping
to increase performance a bit.

PCI passthrough works brilliantly which means that I can probably a lot
more efficiently work on the XHCI issues now.

Cheers,
Markus