Re: slow download speed(200-900 bytes) from Avalon.dragonflybsd.org

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 11:53:21 -0800 (PST)

:I email this earlier, directly to Matt but now i'm thinking, i probably
:send to wrong email address.
:will try here.
:
:wanted to mention slow download speeds. When I try to download REL and
:DEV iso images from Avalon.dragonflybsd.org,
:the download speed is between 200-900 bytes/sec.
:
:Regards,
:Edward

    Yup, took a few hours to track it down.  It's a bad interaction
    between the ethernet interface's TSO features and the bridge
    code.  TSO has to be turned off when the interface is bridged
    or the bridge code winds up getting oversized packets.

    It should be running at near full speed now.

    I'm still working on getting the DNS to propagate, but avalon's
    old IP (69.163.100.193) still works.  The new IP that fixes
    the routing problems is (199.233.90.72).

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>