Re: DPorts and gcc version

From: Petr Janda <elekktretterr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 18:46:31 +1000

------enig2OVWUCJJTPELBNCTVTGOQ

Since it seems like DragonFly's goal is to end up using DPorts instead
of pkgsrc, wouldn't it be best to default the compiler to clang?
(assuming it can buld DF kernel and world). FreeBSD is using it from
version 10 by default and therefore they will concentrating on building
the most ports with clang.

On 16/04/2013 1:19 AM, Justin Sherrill wrote:
> It's default for building DragonFly, but not necessarily for dports
> items.  Since dports is based on FreeBSD ports, and they have never
> had gcc 4.7 installed, some (many?) of these items are more likely to
> build with 4.4 at this point, I imagine.
>=20
> I recall John Marino did some setting of dports items to build with
> one or the other, but I don't have the details.  In any case, this
> isn't unexpected.
>=20
> On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 10:43 AM, Vitaly Shevtsov <loki.vt@gmail.com> w=
rote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I've decided to try dports. I successfully compiled xorg-server and fl=
uxbox.
>> The I typed "fluxbox -info" and saw this:
>>
>> Fluxbox version: 1.3.5
>> Compiler: GCC
>> Compiler version: 4.4.7 2012.03.13.
>>
>> So my question is why gcc 4.4.7 was used to compile dports packages? I=

>> thought 4.7.2 is now default GCC in DragonFly.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> Vitaly
>=20

--=20
Please use PGP to encrypt your email to ensure our privacy is respected.