Fwd: Resize HAMMER filesystem

From: Charles Rapenne <charles.rapenne@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 19:34:14 +0200

2013/5/2 Antonio Huete Jimenez <ahuete.devel@gmail.com>:
> Hi Charles,
>
> HAMMER supports multi-volume filesystems. This means you can add/deletet
> volumes with the directives specified in HAMMER(8) manpage.
> That said, I would like to point out that it has not been widely tested as
> far as I know so I would be careful with it.
>
> What are you trying to dd exactly? Another HAMMER filesystem which resides
> on a smaller disk to a bigger one?
>
> Cheers,
> Antonio Huete
>

> 2013/5/2 Charles Rapenne <charles.rapenne@gmail.com>
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> How do you resize a HAMMER partition ? There is usually a command
>> "grow_" or "resize_" to extend and sometimes shrink the filesystem,
>> but I can't find it in HAMMER.
>>
>> I need to hard copy a disk with "dd", and I'd like to create the
>> hammer filesystem very tiny at first, then grow it to take all the
>> disk.
>>

>> Regards

Let imagine you have dragonfly installed on a 250 Gb disk, and you
want to move it to a 500 Gb disk without reinstalling, how could you
dump your existing disk and grow the HAMMER partition ?

I need this to install the system from a virtual machine to a remote
host, using DD (Already did it for OpenBSD and NetBSD and I would like
to do it with DragonFly so at least, we could install DragonFly on
dedicated servers).