Re: polling opinions: how much QT3/KDE3.5 to preserve in dports this July?

From: John Marino <dragonflybsd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2013 13:28:56 +0200

On 6/1/2013 19:34, Francois Tigeot wrote:

> Another issue: kde4 applications don't install their binaries in
> /usr/local/bin but /usr/local/kde4/bin.
>
> The default PATH will need to be changed.

Why is that "an issue"?
To me it's a good thing, and obviously FreeBSD intentionally did this.

When KDE4 is specified correctly in .xinitrc there is no problem.

I think you are trying to see KDE4 needs to be installed in
/usr/local/bin but I have no idea why you think so, especially given
that FreeBSD users have no issue with it.