Re: Tunnel setup: what happens when my IPv4 address changes?

From: Pierre Abbat <phma@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 01:25:48 -0400

On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 22:56:24 Chris Turner wrote:
> On 6/10/13 10:54 PM, Pierre Abbat wrote:
>  > How do I write this line so that it works even if I get a
>  > different address?
> You might want to use the /etc/start_if.ifname and
> /etc/stop_if.ifname mechanism instead of the
> defaults provided by rc.conf (see also /etc/network.subr),
> or possibly look at customizing your 'dhclient-script'
> to do the configuration for you when you receive new dhcp leases.
> a pain, yes. but also highly customizable.

Sounds good, but I don't know what's being set wrong. And until bug 2425 is
fixed, I can't set gif0 that way. I get a new address once a year or so; the
last time was when I switched to the DFly box, and the time before that was
when someone dug next to the cable when fixing water pipes.

> For pf - you should be able to use address aliases (not sure
> if term correct) I don't have the syntax handy but basically
> this allows you to use the interface name in a rule instead
> of an address - IIRC something like
> ext_if="tun0"
> block in on $(ext_if) from ... to $(ext_if)
> or something like this
> I've only used this on openbsd, but I think it is ported over..

I do use that. But at least in some of the rules, it turns that into an

li ze te'a ci vu'u ci bi'e te'a mu du
li ci su'i ze te'a mu bi'e vu'u ci