Re: version not defined

From: "John Marino (DragonFly)" <dragonflybsd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 10:56:11 +0200

On 2013-06-24 09:01, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> I try to run kwrite and I get this:
> /usr/lib/gcc44/libstdc++.so.9: version CXXABI_1.3 required by
> /usr/pkg/qt4/lib/libQtNetwork.so.4 not defined
> How do I find what version is defined? I've asked this before and got
> no answer.
>
> Pierre

I've just run into that myself on dports on archivers/snappyjava.
For some reason, snappy java insists on being linked with gcc44
libstdc++ and it was getting gcc47.  Gcc 4.4 was used to build most
packages and somehow this was getting passed (OpenJDK7 is built with
gcc47).

Rather than understand it, I just added the static version of libstdc++
from gcc44 to the linker flags which solved the problem for snappy java.

Since I don't know who built your packages and what compiler was used, I
can't give you much advice other than stick with gcc 4.7 for everything
on pkgsrc.

John