DragonFly BSD
DragonFly bugs List (threaded) for 2004-08
[Date Prev][Date Next]  [Thread Prev][Thread Next]  [Date Index][Thread Index]

Internet problem after recent rewrite of mbuf

From: Sarunas Vancevicius <vsarunas@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 12:45:12 +0000

Hi Matt and others,

After recent kernel update(4 August from 20 July) I noticed 
that some internet websites take really long time to load
(connection speed drops to around 50B/s(but is not active)
with all browsers that I tried, links, elinks, w3m, firefox).

This doesn't happen on all websites (there is a not so
noticeable slow down on google, but sites such as amazon.com
become totally unloadable. I was able to load 8.1KiB of
amazon.com in 9 minutes with elinks!). Connecting to my
ISP's mail and news servers doesn't seem to be affected.

With the help of Jeffrey Hsu, the source of the problem
seems to be a commit on 29 July to 
sys/kern/uicp_mbuf.c and others (I'm not fully sure is it
that commit, or a commit on 31 July).

After backing out my src/sys to 29 July, and recompiling
the kernel the problem seems to disappear (amazon.com loads
in a few seconds with elinks).

I use an old serial modem (Pace Linnet 34 Plus) with a few
scripts from slackware (IIRC version 9) to connect to my ISP.


Sarunas Vancevicius

[Date Prev][Date Next]  [Thread Prev][Thread Next]  [Date Index][Thread Index]