DragonFly BSD
DragonFly docs List (threaded) for 2004-02

Re: man page history cleanup

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 19:16:57 +0100

On 16.02.2004, at 18:09, Aaron Malone wrote:
Reconsidering, now that I've actually looked into it a bit (stupid me)
-- the issue is that we've redefined the .Fx macro in groff to say
DragonFly instead of FreeBSD.  I see three (well, four) options here:

1) Revert the .Fx macro to FreeBSD, add a new macro for DragonFly
(.Dx?), and update the instances that should be DragonFly.

2) Add a new macro for FreeBSD and use that for historical references.

3) Hardcode the historical references as 'FreeBSD' rather than using a
macro.

gets my vote

4) (bad option) Leave them alone.

cheers simon