DragonFly BSD
DragonFly docs List (threaded) for 2006-03

Re: mdoc DragonFly known version numbers

To: Francis Gudin <fgudin@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 21:29:38 +0100

Francis Gudin wrote:
Any insight ?

Ok, after some (at times a bit confusing but nevertheless insightful :) discussion, let me summarize what seems to be the consensus here:

1) Let's always refer to DEVELOPMENT version numbers since we can't be 100% sure what the next RELEASE number is going to be.

2) Let's always use 2 digit version numbers since the third digit is more confusing than interesting in man page context.

I'll change stuff accordingly unless there are any objections within the next 12 hours. :)

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx