DragonFly BSD
DragonFly docs List (threaded) for 2006-03

Re: PDF version of handbook

From: Bob Bagwill <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 13:19:51 -0500

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 00:23:01 -0500, Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
> If we did sell it and actually recoup costs, where would profit go?  The
> next print run?  (That is when having a DragonFly non-profit entity would
> be helpful.)

I went as far as going to the library and checking out a couple of books
on creating a non-profit corporation in the U.S., and it looks like quite
a bit of work (which is probably why open-source projects take so long to
do it). It's not as easy as registering a domain and setting up a
webserver. :-)

It would be more efficient if a single open-source non-profit
organization could act as an umbrella for a number of projects, and handle
the paperwork, manage the bookkeeping, etc.  Is there one DragonFly could
join (assuming Matt doesn't have a lawyer/accountant in family to set
one up)?