DragonFly docs List (threaded) for 2007-01
DragonFly BSD
DragonFly docs List (threaded) for 2007-01

Re: using a wiki for documentation (and introducing short-term beginning BSD admin book project)

From: "Bob Bagwill" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 10:05:12 -0500

On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 14:03:16 -0500, Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com> wrote:

    My thinking has changed from 2 years ago as well.  It is
    pretty clear to me that Wiki is the future for handbook-style
    documentation.

It's not suitable for huge documents, but Tiddlywiki [www.tiddlywiki.com] is nice for small ones. It would be
a good replacement for the default index.html in the root
directory of the ISO image. Of course, the code to automatically convert MoinMoin -> Creole -> Tiddlywiki is probably
Not Quite There Yet. I could create a Tiddlywiki version of the
DFBSD index.html if anyone thinks it'd be useful.

--
Bob Bagwill