DragonFly docs List (threaded) for 2008-01
DragonFly BSD
DragonFly docs List (threaded) for 2008-01

Re: Handbook update

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 00:02:16 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, January 2, 2008 10:14 am, Matthias Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just did a major update to the handbook in the Wiki.  According to the
> copyright dates I assume that the wiki handbook is now more up-to-date
> than the SGML one in doc/.  If nobody objects I commit the following
> change tomorrow which changes the link from the old handbook to the wiki
> version:

I think the copyright was changed,  but not much else.  The wiki version
is from the handbook on the web, converted using a script I put together.
That translation process could be improved and rerun, but that doesn't
keep us from using it for now.

> Two questions:
>
> - Is it possible to make the wiki only editable for users with valid
>   accounts?  This would reduce the amount of spam. And I think every
> user who wants to actively contribute to the Wiki can create an account
> :)
>
> - Is it possible to create different Groups and add some Wiki-Users to
>   these groups?

Both of these are probably doable; it's a MoinMoin wiki, so it's whatever
the steps are needed for that - I can perform them on that machine, but
I'd need to look them up first.  What is the reason for the groups -
different permission levels?