DragonFly docs List (threaded) for 2008-01
DragonFly BSD
DragonFly docs List (threaded) for 2008-01

Can someone help me fix http://wiki.dragonflybsd.org/index.cgi/HowToPkgsrc ?

From: Damian Vicino <sdavtaker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 01:14:39 -0200

I installed the pkgsrc following step by step the howto, i used the cvs way, it is not so easy like howto says, actually follow strictly the steps gives Error.
I find this is one of those basic howtos that every new user gets, so it is important to give a easy way to get through.

The problem is

. /bootstrap --pkgdbdir /var/db/pkg --prefix /usr/pkg

fails, becouse there is already another mk file and bmake cant overwrite it. (first error, after solve this one there is bmake, pax, pkg_install, same behavior...)

I found this googling:

# build new version cd /usr/pkgsrc/devel/bmake /usr/pkg/bin/bmake # make pkgsrc forget about the bmake pkg rm -r /var/db/pkg/bmake* # install new version /usr/pkg/bin/bmake install # restore "not for deletion" state cd /var/db/pkg/bmake* date > +PRESERVE

It should work in most cases, I think.

-Tobias

Using that idea, i removed the mk, bmake, pax, pkg_install directories from db, and rerun the bootstrap (several times, i was removing files while each error was asking for it).
I dont know if thats the right way to proceed, but it actually works.
Do you think i should add these extra steps to the howto? or someone know how to do it right from the begining? or can we make the bootstrap do all the work changing some code and the howto is ok?

Damian Vicino