DragonFly hammer List (threaded) for 2009-04
DragonFly BSD
DragonFly hammer List (threaded) for 2009-04

Re: NetBSD hammer with fuse and hammerread

To: "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Daniel Lorch <daniel.lorch@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 00:56:49 +0200

Hello,

> From a very quick look, I see 857 examples of BSD licensed code in
> linux-2.6.29.1 kernel source. [..]

So what's it gonna be?
http://lxr.linux.no/linux+v2.6.29/include/linux/module.h#L100

> In my case I am using a BSD-licensed reimplementation of fuse. I'd like to
> use your code to provide a BSD-licensed fuse-based hammer file system for
> NetBSD.

I was going to opt for phk's beer license, but BSD will do.

> I was just curious if you had newer code that I could update too. Also an
> SCM may make it easier for some to provide diffs or work with you. (But I
> understand this is a school project so maybe we shouldn't help to much :)

The assignment only requires me to do Linux VFS. I'm doing FUSE so I can
eventually use HAMMER on my mac :)

I created a git repo. Just give me your github username and I'll add you
to the collaborators list: git://github.com/dlorch/fusehammer.git

Note, however, that we'll have to dump the code sooner or later and
replace it by the 'real' HAMMER filesystem (sys/vfs/hammer).

Daniel