Re: High Performance File Systems

From: Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 06:34:28 +0100

Forrest Aldrich wrote:
One thing BSD is lacking is the support of other higher-end file sytems... like XFS, JFS, Veritas, ReiserFS.

Will DragonFly BSD be working to port or otherwise incorporate a high-performance file system? This would be imperative in a high-availability clustering solution. I doubt, however, that Veritas will port VxFS to FreeBSD; I think the Linux port alone was to ride out the market wave. I could be wrong.

FWIW, I once had ported some of the Linux VxFS code. It's pretty easy actually. If there is demand for VxFS, then I do not mind doing it when I have some free time.

Cheers.

-- Hiten