Re: Usernames > 16 characters

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 19:11:30 -0700 (PDT)

    I'm going to qualify my statement regarding utmpx.  I've gone through
    the single unix specification and I actually think it is a reasonable
    replacement for utmp.  It doesn't solve any of the problems, mind you,
    but it does add additional ut_* fields that we really ought to have.

    So, in that respect, I think it is reasonable for us to remove utmp.h
    and replace it with utmpx.h.

    Again, it doesn't solve any of the problems so I would hesitate to do more
    then just implement the basic API, but it doesn't make the problems any
    worse then we already have with utmp.h.