Re: new sysinstall

From: "Hiten Pandya" <hmp@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 17:07:00 +0100

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 15:19:41 -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:

> :Interesting Idea, one that shouldn't be to difficult to make work.
> :though it could take a while to define a way to build a machine. I am
> :reffering to once you start the command.
> :
> :Rob
>
>     Yup.  It could take all day :-), but the results would be
>     invaluable.

	This is a really good idea.  By powering the configuration with
	the use of XML, it would be way easier to generate dependancy
	graphs, and easily determine breakage in package hierarchies.

	With the power of XML, it will make it easier to fish out
	description data from the package XML configuration files,
	and then use it for automated catalog'ing; thus giving us
	the Extra Edge (tm) ;-)

		-- Hiten