Re: sysinstall v2

From: Steve Mynott <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 11:12:46 +0100

Richard Coleman wrote:

If apache was to be replaced, I would suggest finding a very basic, pure Python web server. Something that is very easy to understand and modify. I'm sure many people here could write one if necessary. Although a production web server is a big project, a simple web server is actually pretty easy. It probably wouldn't take more than 300 lines of Python (probably much less).

Very much less since there are web server modules included with the base Python install.

There is even one that handles CGI requests

<http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-CGIHTTPServer.html>

-- Steve