Re: Prebinding for DragonFly/FreeBSD-4

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:33:20 -0700 (PDT)

:no, prebinding is sole for performance. I don't have KDE on my system,
:but I'd expect a noticable startup (as you do under linux and
:prelinking)
:
:cheers
:  simon

   I am going to attempt to install KDE on one of my test boxes.  If we can
   show a user-visible improvement in startup times then that is good
   enough for me.  The code looks fairly safe to me (with the additional
   trust checks I posted earlier).

   I suspect that Linux has higher general shared library overheads then we
   do, making prebinding more of a benefit to them.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>