Re: packaging system

From: Craig Dooley <cd5697@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 10:27:59 -0500

Well, I havent started coding anything yet, but I think there should be a good
way to do binary updates.  Ports is a good build system, but perhaps we
should build the logic into it to make packages so not everybody has to spend
a whole day compiling for whatever reason.  Im only on a pIII 600 here, and
stuff like mozilla or X is painful.  The nice thing about debian is with a
list of packages, you can go from fresh install to everything needed in about
an hour.  I dont really care about the backend, but I think a binary update
system is a must.

-Craig

--
Craig Dooley											cd5697@xxxxxxxxxx