Re: Anyone notice this?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 12:57:40 -0800 (PST)

:
:>     The BSD opera seg faults on me on exit.  The linux opera and the bsd
:>     opera both generate messed up graphics for me.
:>
:>     I'm trying to track down the cause.
:>
:
:Native Opera on FreeBSD crashes on exit, it always have.
:

    I have found it... the last major syscall separation commit accidently
    used a 32 bit result from lseek instead of a 64 bit result.  %edx of
    the return value was not being modified because only 32 bits of the
    return value were being set.

    In fact, even the normal DFly lseek() call was screwing up the top 32 bits
    because only 32 bits of the return value was being set instead of 64 bits
    (off_t's are 64 bits).

    The fix has been committed.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>