Re: configuration files

From: Christopher Weimann <cweimann@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 20:16:15 -0500

On 12/11/2003-12:46PM, Dave Leimbach wrote:

> If such a toolset existed I think all reasons to not use XML would be
> gone.

But what are the resons TO use XML?

I have always viewed XML as more of an interchange format.  If you
aren't going to exchange data with somebody why do you need to use
that type of format?  Right now rc.conf for example is effectively
a shell script.  I find that very useful.  I source /etc/rc.conf
in shell scripts and firewall scripts all the time.