Re: Junior kernel hacking

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:15:50 -0800 (PST)

:Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
:
:> Benchmarking will be useful soon.  DragonFly-specific technologies like
:
:How soon is soon? I'm thinking of benchmarking FreeBSD 4.9, 5.2, DF,
:Linux/2.4 & Linux2.6 on a "spare" machine, but it won't be spare for
:long. (The plan is to use: bytebench, bonnie++, postgresql, and a web
:CMS application).
:
:Is this a good time to benchmark DF?

    I think it's a good idea to start collecting information, yes.  At
    the very least it will help us guage our own progress over time.j

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>