Re: Junior kernel hacking

From: Max Laier <max@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 21:28:11 +0100

On Wednesday 14 January 2004 17:47, Ivan Voras wrote:
> Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
> > Benchmarking will be useful soon.  DragonFly-specific technologies like
> How soon is soon? I'm thinking of benchmarking FreeBSD 4.9, 5.2, DF,
> Linux/2.4 & Linux2.6 on a "spare" machine, but it won't be spare for
> long. (The plan is to use: bytebench, bonnie++, postgresql, and a web
> CMS application).

You might want to take a look here: http://bulk.fefe.de/scalability/ (which
has gone through the various lists a while back).

> Is this a good time to benchmark DF?

As Matt already wrote, it'd be good to see where DF is now and how certain
changes (in the future) impact on the performance.

Best regards,				| max@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Max Laier				| ICQ #67774661
http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/	| mlaier@EFnet