Re: (maybe a little OT) OpenGL, DRI and GLX questionlet

From: Emiel Kollof <coolvibe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 18:00:33 +0100

* Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai (asmodai@xxxxxx) wrote:
> -On [20040126 04:42], Emiel Kollof (coolvibe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> >So, does anyone have a clue? If I can get this fixed, we can have
> >accelerated OpenGL for nvidia in X. Now all we have is accelerated 2D and
> >XRENDER, which is nice, but it's not enough :)
>
> glimpseindex your target sourcetree and use glimpse to dig around.

This is a good idea. Will try that next.

> Alternatively, runs strings on the object files from NVIDIA to check if
> they define it.

Did that, no joy. It seems to be a XFree86 symbol. Which of course begs
the question: Why can't the glx extension get to it? The same symbol is
referenced in the "vanilla" glx stuff, and they seem to work. The only
difference I see first hand is that the stuff from XFree itself are
shared libs (.a), and the nvidia stuff is dll (.so), but that shouldn't
be a problem, right?

Cheers,
Emiel