Re: Heads Up: GCC 3.3 in base

From: esmith <esmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 18:18:44 -0500

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
Thanks. I'll build it myself today or tomorrow and will adjust the
port accordingly.

Joerg

Afterwards, I did a full rebuild of DF with base gcc3, rebooted and it's been running fine for a few days now. Strangely though, after reboot, OpenOffice still worked perfectly, however, Mozilla applications ( firebird, thunderbird, mozilla ... "classic"? ) all failed for the same reason ( sorry, I didn't write it down, looked like an unresolved reference ) and refuse to rebuild, with configure complaining that the C compiler is not producing output, though gcc is checked off as OK. I haven't had time to investigate this.