Re: Mailing List Change

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 22:59:14 -0800 (PST)

    This is one of those things that winds up being a wash.  There are
    probably as many people who get dups (or have other issues) as people
    who *WANT* replies CC'd to their email address for filtering purposes.
    It's better to let the user supply a Reply-To: himself, I think.

    The bestserv mailing list program (yes, I wrote it a long time ago
    while at BEST Internet) keeps the From: intact but strips off and
    regenerates the To: and Cc: lines.  This is kinda of a middle-of-the-road
    solution which requires mailing list users to consider who they Cc,
    other then the poster, more carefully.