Re: Heads up: NEWCARD is coming

From: Dylan Reinhold <dylan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 12:05:32 -0800

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 04:34:11PM -0800, Dylan Reinhold wrote:

Sorry for the lack of information.... I was in another world and hit send..
The card that is no longer working is a 3Com Megahertz 10/100 Model 3CCFE57487, working fine as an ep? before. When it is now inserted into the slot it is probbed as a wi? card and fails with a 28.
I did just find my Symbol Spectrum24 wireless card that was not working before, it now works fine as a wi?....

Anything you want me to try???

Dylan

Second thing to try would be a reduced kernel w/o device wi. There might be some problems with device probing ATM, which I will start to solve after the initial NEWCARD commit. I'll keep the default at OLDCARD if that solved your problems though.

Joerg

Yes that was it, I removed the 'device wi' and now the ep card is working..
Im fine with your first patch, as I would rather use my wi card. As I only have these two cards I can't test any others....

Dylan