Re: Benchmarking

From: Gary Thorpe <gathorpe79@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:38:15 -0500

Rahul Siddharthan wrote:

Gary Thorpe said on Mar 10, 2004 at 01:00:14:

  It is an OpenOffice file.  I would prefer if Ivan could put up
  some souped up PDFs once the whole benchmarking stuff is done.
  ;-)

Yes I will. The file I posted is just my almost-scrap-file where I store various bits of data as the work progresses. When all is done, I intend to clean it up and write a proper article.

Is there any reason tables/raw data cannot be in plain ASCII text? Its almost as annoying as being emailed a word document: I would just prefer to have data in more accesible formats when appropriate/possible.

Hey, he *said* it was just his almost-scrap work-in-progress file and he would clean it up when done. Give him a break...

I was just trying to say that a plain text file would suffice for a quick report (how much quicker can it get than to have the program directly dump results in ASCII?). I am not expecting a slam dunk document, just the data.

I am sure OpenOffice has a "Save As" plain text option, so I just cannot see how much of a burden this could be _anyway_. As is, I cannot view it and no one who doesn't have OpenOffice can either. By "cleaning-up" I would think he means writting a better, more complete report, not the format.