Re: Is portupgrade working?

From: Peter Kadau <peter.kadau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 12:47:27 +0100

Hi !

I'm getting some funny errors from portupgrade.  Anyone else seeing
DFly has override ports in /usr/dfports for some software.
portupgrade has no clue about that.
It doesn't work. It chokes. It bails out.
Forget about portupgrade in DFly.

You have to use genuine ports/dfports ATM.
And even here are some major software-packages that won't
build out of the ports system in DFly.

AFAIKT there is nobody in the team/community who wants
to fix portupgrade/ports from the ground up since we all
want something different than that.

And the bigger the pain the bigger the effort for the new
thingy will be...

Campus der Max-Planck-Institute Tübingen
Netzwerk- und Systemadministration

Tel: +49 7071 601 598
Fax: +49 7071 601 616