Re: Strange NFS performance

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 10:52:00 -0700 (PDT)

    Try with a recent kernel.  I just yesterday fixed a memory leak in the
    mbuf code which has the effect of 'dropping' the packet being leaked,
    which would adversely effect TCP performance.

					-Matt

:Hmm. I should have checked that, I just assumed it was nfs ~:P
:
:scp 100MB
:
:FreeBSD
:to client 23s
:from client 26s
:
:DragonFly
:to client 0:40 - 1:00
:from client 1:20 - >4min (stopped measuring...)
:
:Running 'netstat 1' on the clients showed that fbsd holds a very steady
:pace both in input and output. df's rate varies wildly even hitting 0
:sometimes. This is true for both directions.
:
:	-Richard
:
:PS. I know there aren't any hw problems because. The df client sometimes runs