Re: make buildworld failure

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 20:43:47 -0700 (PDT)

:went fine.  I must have messed things up since or while installing and
:configuring.  Went to edit a file and got this message:
:
:+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
:Error: /var/tmp/vi.recover: No such file or directory.
:Modifications not recoverable i fthe session fails.
:
:I think when installing I didn't catch the fact that my batteries were
:going in my wireless keyboard soon enough and may not have got a command
:fully typed.  I didn't think anything about that when I changed the
:batteries.  Is there an easy way to correct this or should I just
:reinstall?
:
:Bryan

    It sounds like you didn't do a complete install.  Not having any idea
    what you did and did not do perhaps the best thing to do is to simply
    reinstall.   You can probably skip a bunch of steps, depending on how
    far you got the last time, but again I have no idea how far you got so...

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>