Re: NVidia motherboard with integrated LAN - RT8201

From: Eirik Nygaard <eirikn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 23:53:15 +0200

On Sat, May 29, 2004 at 07:03:50PM +0200, Remco Rijnders wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please excuse me if this is the wrong forum to be asking questions like
> these, but I don't see any "user" level lists. This doesn't surprise me as
> DragonFly is not officially released yet, but this did not stop me from
> trying to get it installed!
>
> With the help of some friendly people on IRC I was able to install
> DragonFly from the ISO and get it to boot from disk.
>
> I'm now stuck at the networking part and wonder if kernel support is
> available for motherboards with an integrated RealTek 8201 based ethernet.
> ( http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=A7N8X-X&langs=01# ) If support for
> this is not yet available, how hard would it be for it to be added? I
> understand that a simple hardware driver is probably on the bottom of the
> priority list for the development team.

You may want to try out:
http://eirikn.kerneled.org/dragonfly/nvnet/nvnet-port.tar.gz
I am not sure if it will work, but I guess it is worth a try. Just untar
that tar file somewhere and use it as a ordinary port.

Joerg has made the same changes and pushed them up to the guy who has
created the driver, but they don't seem to have been integrated into a new
FreeBSD port yet.

Let me know how it goes.

--
Eirik Nygaard