Re: My syncing disks problem

From: Jean-Marc Zucconi <jmz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 20:22:17 +0200 (CEST)

 >     Hmm.   Yes, but I'd like you to try something... try turning off
 >     softupdates and if the problem still occurs I'd like a new crash dump
 >     and kernel.debug.

I turned softupdates off and the problem disapeared. I rebooted 4 or 5
times to be sure. The problem was easy to reproduce, I just had to
type 'for i in /bin/* /sbin/* ; do cat $i >/dev/null; done; reboot'
This is with the original (non-patched) kernel.

Jean-Marc

--
Jean-Marc Zucconi -- PGP Key: finger jmz@xxxxxxxxxxx [KeyID: 400B38E9]